Updated for 64B Compatibility.
*** Use this App along with our Printable Worksheets found at www.mobilemontessori.org ***
Learn about the animals of Asia! You will learn where each animal lives on the Asian continent, several facts about each animal, and their current conservation status.
Lesson #1 contains the Information Center with all the facts:
Touch an animal in the photo-strip to change the featured animal on the page. Touch the Map button to see the animal's habitat highlighted on the map. Touch the Speaker button to hear the correct pronunciation of the animal name. Touch the Definition button to see and hear a detailed description of the animal as well as the Animal Facts box, containing dimensions, weight and conservation information. A list of Conservation definitions can be seen by touching the button on the top bar.
In Lessons #2 & #3 assemble the Asian Habitat maps by finding the animal prompted by the shown habitat or name. This activity expands the Continent Box activity found in the Montessori classrooms.
In the first habitat map lesson children have to look for the animal that corresponds to the name shown at the top, as well as, the habitat shown on the map. When they touch the correct animal card, a representative animal shape will transfer to the map as the name of the animal is heard aloud.
In the second habitat map lesson children have to look for the animal that corresponds to the shown habitat only! This is more challenging, however, you will be pleasantly surprised how fast you will learn to memorize the animal habitats!
In Lesson #4 Drag and Place the animal shapes to the map and they will snap into position as the name is heard aloud.
This app features 40 different Asian animals. Future animal sets will be released via in-app purchase.
This Montessori application was co-developed and approved by an AMI certified, Montessori teacher with over forty years experience educating children!
We sincerely thank you for your downloads and suggestions!
We sincerely thank you for your support of our other Montessori applications and hope you enjoy this one!
Visit us at www.mobilemontessori.org.
- May 16, 2013 Initial release
- October 10, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 14, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- August 01, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- July 14, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- July 26, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- July 28, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 07, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- August 08, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 22, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 25, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.1
- October 15, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- January 07, 2020 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $5.99