Optical spectroscopy in the visible light spectrum is a commonly used tool in different fields such as health, manufacturing, art, and forensic research.
OSpectrometer implements basic spectrometer functions using the built-in camera and screen without requiring external devices or programs.
- Visible light spectrum is transformed and mapped to a function that generates RGB (Red Green Blue) color values
- A specific light wavelength can be selected and used to illuminate a desired target (i.e., close to the screen)
- The whole spectrum or a specific part of the spectrum can be selected and scanned
- Front camera is used to sense the reflection from the target object
- Consistent and repeatable reflection/absorption amplitude with respect to the color spectrum
- The result can be saved and shared
- Works offline, no need to connect to any network or internet
- March 18, 2023 Initial release