macOS Mojave support
Irish-English and English-Irish dictionaries available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 100 sample translations of each dictionary are available to preview before buying
The app allows you to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog.
Search and translate features:
• Search through dictionary headwords
• List of similar words in case of misspelling
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form
• Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application
• Search through Favorites
• Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
• English irregular verbs
• English word forms
• Quick access to virtual keyboard
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort
Dictionary compatibility: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and higher
The Focalbeo dictionary is the product of several years of comprehensive research. At this stage it is a comprehensive and definitive English-Irish-English Dictionary. It consists of an English-Irish dictionary and a reverse Irish-English dictionary that work together to provide fast and accurate Irish language translation.
It is primarily intended for use on mobile phones and it is an invaluable utility for people with a reasonable knowledge of Irish. As the screenspace on mobile phones is limited in most cases it is designed to appear clear and uncluttered on these devices. It works on all mobile platforms and on PCs/Macs. This dictionary was designed and built from the ground up and it innovative in many respects.
The advanced version of the dictionary contains a combined total of 199,353 headword translations. It is the most comprehensive Irish dictionary in terms of headword count, new words and terminology available at present.
- June 10, 2014 Initial release
- August 01, 2014 New version 8.5.416
- October 07, 2014 New version 8.5.539
- September 13, 2015 New version 8.5.897
- October 03, 2015 New version 8.6.44
- December 09, 2015 New version 8.6.151
- June 13, 2019 New version 8.7.556