+ GORGEOUS new breezy & light UI for summertime. And you thought it was beautiful before! Go back to the dark theme via the settings menu. Yes, we know the southern hemisphere is in winter. That’s not our fault.
+ Colors got you down? Color blind? We’ve added a new “tile patterns” option in the settings menu just for you. No more excuses for your inability to get past level five.
+ Speaking of the settings menu, it’s now accessible via the in-game pause screen.
+ Two boatloads of performance and stability improvements. Yes, two - we had to rent an extra boat. One of those Jacque Cousteau orange pontoon boats.
+ New “Achievement Unlocked” sound effect so you can hear how awesome you are.
+ The countdown timer is now centered vertically on 4” screens. Boy, was that ever annoying.
+ Small visual tweaks here and there because we’re perfectionists. Shift a pixel up, move a pixel to the right. Your mood should magically improve.
+ Crashes? No way! Well, not anymore at least.
+ Crisper, cleaner special icons.
Playing Four Corners is ridiculously simple: find a rectangle that has the same color square in all four corners. Slide your finger from one corner to the opposite corner. Bling, those squares are cleared, you get points and the world loves you. How easy was that?!
Ho, ho, not so quick there, Corner Master. There’s also a timer that has a nasty way of counting down, a pesky square collector that always wants more-more-more, and an ever-shifting and increasing number of bedazzling colors. What started as ridiculously simple has become an adrenaline-fueled thrill ride of finger-sliding fun.
Welcome to Four Corners!
• Randomly generated levels; gameplay is always new and exciting even after you’ve played for hundreds of hours. Trust us, we have.
• Unlock and trigger powerful special squares: insta-bombs, time warps, chameleons, 2X, 4X, simplifiers, and amplifiers.
• Original music, effects, and the ultra-sexy voice over guy sound great on headphones.
• In-game tutorial calmly walks you through what’s what.
• Play combos for crazy levels of self-gratification.
• Unlock new colors as you advance to higher levels. Yes, people dig this!
• Compete against your friends on Leaderboard.
• Unlock a dizzying array of achievements in Game Center. Our lawyers require us to disclose that we will not be held responsible for fits of dizziness. And by ‘lawyers’, I mean my cat, Mr. Scooty.
• More exciting features to come! New game modes, new achievements, more music plus lots more.
About Scenic Route Software
Scenic Route is Steve Chipman and John Clarkson. One lives in Northern Virginia, the other in Malaysia. Scenic Route believes in making games that challenge your noodle in the most pleasant way possible. We love what we do, and we believe in taking the time to do things right. Feel free to visit us at http://scenicroutesoftware.com or @ScenicRouteSoft if you have any questions or comments! We’d love to hear from you.
Four Corners is powered by the Sparrow Framework.
- June 02, 2013 Initial release
- June 23, 2013 New version v1.1
- July 01, 2013 New version v1.1.1
- July 06, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 13, 2013 New version v1.1.2
- July 13, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 16, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- July 18, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99