This compatibility update of Ridiculous Fishing brings support for new iOS devices and functionality. Two brand-new speedrun leaderboards to fish fast for, and haptic feedback support for devices that support it.
A handcrafted game about fishing with guns, chainsaws & toasters.
Follow Billy as he tries to find redemption from his uncertain past. Chase your destiny on the high seas and embark on a heroic quest for glory and gills.
* Hours of gameplay across the continents including a never-ending Infinite arcade world.
* Dozens of unlockables, weapons and items including popular fishing gear like the Most Expensive Hairdryer In The World and A Bowling Ball.
* Fish that become hats.
* No IAP - buy the game, play the game. No additional costs, no hidden fees. Even the hats are IAP-free.
* Fish that become hats.
Based on Vlambeers popular 2010 original, Ridiculous Fishing was lovingly handcrafted over the course of two years by Vlambeer (Super Crate Box), Zach Gage (TypeShift, Spelltower, Bit Pilot, Unify) and Greg Wohlwend (Threes, Hundreds, Solipskier, Gasketball).
Winner of the Apple Design Award 2013; Nominated for the 2011 Independent Games Festival Awards; Declared Most Important News Story 2011 by industry magazine Control International; Featured in The New York Times;
"Ridiculous Fishing is such a complete package that it's an effortless recommendation." ~ Eli Hodapp (TouchArcade) - (5 / 5)
"Every aspect of the game, from the rewarding upgrade system to the unique graphics, displays an intricate craftsmanship we rarely see on the App Store." ~ Chris Reed (Slide2Play) - (4 / 4)
"Vlambeer's game is, as its title suggests, ridiculous. In its simple, gleeful rhythms of play, it's sublime, too." ~ EDGE - (9 / 10)
"One of the most mechanically satisfying experiences you'll ever find, and wrapped in a dazzlingly cool aesthetic." ~ Eli Cymet (Gamezebo) - (5 / 5)
"It makes the mass destruction of innocent sea life absolutely adorable." ~ Andrew Webster (The Verge)
"I've come to think of Ridiculous Fishing as the unofficial game of Wes Anderson's movie The Life Aquatic." ~ Rob Hearn (PocketGamer)
"Ridiculous Fishing is from an alternate iPhone gaming universe where Nintendo is the production quality standard and action is everything." ~ Robert Ashley (A Life Well Wasted)
"A rare pearl amidst the endless sardines of iOS games." ~ Chris Bateman (International Hobo)
"I'm hooked up to an IV and playing Ridiculous Fishing. One is medicine, the other is a painkiller." ~ Ben Kuchera (PA Report)
"Ridiculous Fishing is something very special." ~ exp. Magazine
- March 14, 2013 Initial release
- July 25, 2013 New version 1.1
- July 27, 2013 New version 1.2
- July 29, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- August 06, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- December 17, 2013 New version 1.3
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.31
- August 25, 2017 New version 1.50