Improved reading experience
iPhone X support
Bug fixes and other improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at [email protected]**
British Chess Magazine is the world’s oldest chess journal, published continuously since 1881. It appears monthly and is packed with in depth informative content about the Royal Game. You will find high quality games and analysis, reports on recent tournaments, articles and analysis about openings, interviews with famous players, authoritative and independent book and DVD reviews, instructional articles and regular features on problems and endgames. Articles about famous players present and past reveal the game’s greatest talents and rich history. BCM has a unique focus on the British chess scene while covering major news and events internationally. Readers will enjoy coverage of the important annual Hastings and Gibraltar Masters tournaments and the British Chess Championship.
BCM caters for players of all ages and strengths, from beginners to masters, and features men’s and women’s chess. BCM will help you improve your play and results - check your progress with our regular “Test Your Chess” feature written by our own International Master Shaun Taulbut. You can sharpen and test your attacking skills with our monthly “Spot the Continuation” feature.
BCM helps you find out where to buy chess books and equipment, and great pictures bring BCM to colourful life.
BCM is a must read and great choice for players and enthusiasts of all ages and abilities – and makes a great present!
This is a free app download with paid content within. The current issue, back issues and future issues can be purchased within the app.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. When a recurring subscription is purchased the latest issue will become available to download immediately.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: UK £4.49/ US $5.99 (1 issue)
12 months: UK £49.99/ US $64.99 (12 issues)
- The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
- Payment will charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Bundles of single issues can be also be bought within the application. To use purchased credits, simply click on the issue price and select ‘use credit’. This allows you to purchase back issues at reduced prices.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update please click the settings cog, then click Settings then Refresh app data. If this also fails to work please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
You can find our terms and conditions here:
- January 11, 2013 Initial release
- January 14, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- January 23, 2014 New version 4.9.39
- July 16, 2014 New version 4.9.58
- August 26, 2015 New version 4.9.81
- October 05, 2015 New version 4.9.85
- October 15, 2015 New version 4.9.86
- February 16, 2016 New version 4.9.90
- June 14, 2019 New version 6.0.0