More than just a word find game, Word Tumble combines the non-stop action of an arcade game with the mind bending challenge of a puzzle. Slide your finger across the letters in any direction to build words. As words are created and letters are used up, more letters come tumbling in. Race the clock, challenge your friends, beat your high scores.
Fast paced and addictive. Easy to learn, impossible to put down!
- TiPb.com Pick of the Week: "... the game is addictive!"
- apptudes.com: "... will delight lovers of lexicon regardless of skill level."
Three modes of play in the Free version allow you to choose your style of play:
* One Minute: Race the clock to beat your high score. Bonus time is given for words of 4 letters or more
* Fifty Tiles: Start with no time limit and try to achieve the highest score possible using only a fixed number of tiles. Clear all tiles, and receive a Bonus Board.
* Free Play mode: No time limit or tile limit - play until you can't find any more words. Great mode for completing achievements.
For an even greater challenge, complete achievements by finding groups of related words. The Achievements screen gives you a clue about the types of words in the list (Farm Animals or Deck of Cards for example). As achievements are completed, the graphic associated with the achievement is unlocked.
Each tile has a point value. These are added together as the base word value.
Multipliers are then applied as follows:
3 Letter Word - No Multiplier
4 Letter Word - x2
5 Letter Word - x4
6 Letter Word - x8
7 Letter Word - x16
8 Letter Word - x32
9 Letter Word - x64
10 or More - multiplier keeps doubling for each letter
Additional multipliers are applied for the number of diagonals in your word. 2 Diagonals = x2, 3 Diagonals = x3, etc.
Example: a 6 letter word with 3 diagonals would be worth:
(base value) x 8 x 3
For timed modes there are also time bonuses --- the longer the word, the more extra time is added.
Word Tumble also keeps complete detailed statistics of your game play to compare with family and friends (lists of all words you have found, Average Word Length, Total Words, Unique Words, counts by Word Length and more...).
Word Tumble will provide endless hours of brain twisting fun for the whole family.
- June 12, 2014 Initial release