- added iPad Pro support
- the flashlight now additionally enables device's LED light source
- fixed scaling issues on some devices (caliper and ruler)
- minor bug fixes
"Handy Tools 7-in-1" is the best and the only toolkit you will ever need for your home renovation and decoration projects.
It has some of the most advanced features, but is very intuitive to use. Each tool is easily accessible at the tap of your fingers.
"Handy Tools 7-in-1" tools:
1. SPIRIT LEVEL - to measure alignment accurately.
Very useful when you need to check single axis alignment of an object (e.g. a painting or a shelf).
Use your device's vertical or horizontal edge to check if the object is leveled correctly.
2. SURFACE LEVEL - for all the flat surfaces.
Place your device on any flat surface to check if its parallel to the ground (e.g. a table or a cupboard).
3. PROTRACTOR - measure an angle.
You can check the angle of any object in a 0 to 180 degrees range.
4. CALIPER - for precise measurements of small objects.
Place an object on your device's screen and drag the caliper's jaw. The measured size of the object will be displayed in the box below.
5. PLUMB-BOB - when you need to find a perfect vertical line.
Use the Plumb-bob to check if an object is perpendicular to the ground (eg. a lamppost or a sapling)
6. LIGHT BULB - turns your screen white so you can use your device as a flashlight.
Just tap anywhere on the screen to turn the light bulb on. Tap again to turn it off.
We apologize, but currently we don't have access to iPhone's LED light. We are working on this feature and will try to add it in the next patch.
7. RULER - measure short and longer distances with an interactive ruler.
You can either hold your finger to swipe the ruler or just press a button to measure longer distances with multiples of your device's screen size.
E.g., align your device next to a desk, put your index finger on a screen and your middle finger on the desk.
Move your device alongside the desk edge without moving your fingers.
The ruler will remain static to the desk's surface allowing you to measure its size accurately.
"Handy Tools 7-in-1" features:
- HOLD button
You can press this button to save the results of your measurements and deactivate a tool. Press it again to release the hold.
- CALIBRATE button
Place your device on a level surface and press this button to calibrate a tool for the best accuracy.
If you are not sure if a surface is perfectly level you can place a small sphere on it (e.g. a marble).
If it stays still and doesn't roll in any direction, the surface should be level.
- RESET button
Reset a tool and its calibration to the "factory" settings.
- SOUND ON/OFF switch
You can turn the sound on to help you level difficult to access objects. The higher the frequency and pitch of the sound the more level is the measured area.
- INCH/CM and DEG/RAD switch
Switch between different units (i.e. Inches / Centimeters and Degrees / Radians)
- LOG button
Press it to access the Log journal. You can log any measurement by double tapping with your finger anywhere on a tool's screen.
"Handy Tools 7-in-1" is one of the most feature packed and most accurate of all the multi-tools currently available on Appstore.
For the small purchase price you get a full premium product - seven useful tools, no ads, all the future updates and our continuous support.
- December 17, 2012 Initial release
- June 17, 2015 New version 1.4
- June 29, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- July 06, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 25, 2016 New version 1.6