We have further improved the stability of the app. Enjoy your drive!
Smartphone Link works with select Bluetooth® enabled Garmin navigation devices, including most products from the following product categories:
• Garmin Drive™, Garmin DriveSmart™, Garmin DriveAssist™, Garmin DriveLuxe™ automotive navigators
• Garmin RV and Camper navigators
• zūmo motorcycle navigators
• dēzl truck navigators
• some nüvi automotive navigators (3597/3598/2x17/2x18/2x97/2x98/2x67/2x68/2577)
Check garmin.com/spl for a detailed list of compatible Garmin devices.
Some models require a software update, available at garmin.com/express
Smartphone Link allows you to connect a compatible Garmin navigator and your iPhone®. Once linked, the compatible Garmin navigator uses your existing mobile data plan to share information with your iPhone, including contacts, search results, favorite locations, your driving destination, and even your parking spot. With Smartphone Link, your compatible Garmin navigator can also access Garmin Live Services for useful, real-time driving information.
What Are Garmin Live Services?
Garmin Live Services provide the most up-to-date “live” information to your Garmin navigator using your existing mobile data plan. There’s no need for an additional data connection. Some services are included when you connect to Smartphone Link. Other services within the app are available through optional paid subscriptions offering premium content and enhanced features. To receive data relevant to your location, Garmin Live Services require your current GPS location be shared with Garmin and Garmin partners.
Included Live Services:
• Address sharing - Send locations and online search results from your phone to your compatible Garmin navigator, and navigate there
• Garmin Live Traffic
Avoid delays and find detours with the best-in-class real-time information. Garmin Live Traffic is updated every minute and receives more than 1,000 messages every update cycle
• Live Parking
Save time, and take the stress out of parking. View helpful parking information, including pricing and availability trends for on-street public parking, as you approach your destination.
• Weather - View forecasts and current conditions
• Last Mile - Remembers your parking spot and shows your destination, so you can find your way on foot and back again
Premium Live Services, available for a one-time purchase within the app, include:
• photoLive traffic cameras
Look up live photos from over 10,000 traffic cameras to see traffic and weather conditions
• Advanced Weather
View detailed forecasts, current conditions, and animated radar images, plus receive severe weather alerts
• Dynamic Off-Street Parking
Find parking close to your destination, including the number of spots available and current cost
 Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan’s data and roaming rates.
 Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Subscriptions required.
 Parking data is available for most city centers. For coverage details, visit Parkopedia.com.
 See https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=111441 for terms, conditions and limitations.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- March 18, 2013 Initial release
- April 24, 2013 New version 1.1
- July 18, 2013 New version 1.5
- September 07, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- October 29, 2013 New version 1.6
- April 05, 2014 New version 1.7
- August 27, 2014 New version 1.8
- September 13, 2014 New version 1.8.1
- April 23, 2015 New version 1.8.2
- September 28, 2015 New version 1.8.3
- January 13, 2016 New version 2.0
- January 24, 2016 New version 2.0.1
- March 24, 2016 New version 2.1.0
- June 22, 2016 New version 2.1.2
- July 08, 2016 New version 2.1.3
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.2
- January 05, 2017 New version 2.3
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.9.7
- September 11, 2019 New version 2.9.8