Fixes several issues related to accessing in-app purchases and subscriptions on our Web site; other bug fixes.
**No longer producing new issues.** The Magazine's last issue appears December 18, 2014, after which we will no longer produce new issues. If you are a current subscriber, please visit iTunes to disable automatic renewal for your subscription. In the app, tap the Settings (gear) icon, and tap Manage Subscriptions to be taken to iTunes to disable automatic renewal.
Thank you all for your remarkable support across out 28-month run.
We are retaining an annual subscription to provide unlimited access to our full archives.
The Magazine is an electronic periodical for curious people with a technical bent.
We write about espresso, typewriters, the revival of a defunct brand of instant film, role-playing boardgames, stick-shift cars, bird watching, pinhole digital cameras; the loss of a parent whose life was devoted to software, a man building a full-scale Millennium Falcon, the impact of personally owned unmanned aircraft, how red-light cameras increase accidents; and so much more. We mix in-depth reporting by writers who contribute regularly to major national magazines and Web sites with personal essays that will delight you and bring tears.
Our articles have a connection — from a thread to a rope — that links each tale to technology, the digital world, or the spirit of a geeky point of view. For instance, when we run an article on making espresso, we peel away the mystery and provide useful information. When you read about biking in the Netherlands, you find how the country's focus on infrastructure leads 84% of its residents to cycle regularly.
Subscriptions are $49.99 for unlimited access to our archives of 58 back issues and nearly 300 articles.
Subscriptions are billed and auto-renewed each year as follows:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the monthly or yearly rate at the time of renewal.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
The Magazine is published by Aperiodical LLC in Seattle, WA.
- October 11, 2012 Initial release
- October 12, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- November 17, 2012 New version 1.1
- December 21, 2012 New version 1.2
- February 24, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- March 09, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- August 06, 2013 New version 1.2.3
- October 09, 2013 New version 1.2.5
- August 02, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- September 19, 2014 New version 2.0.1