Essential bug fixes for downloading in-app purchases in iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1, and crash issues in iOS6. Improvements to features in map view, audio phrasebook and swiping listings. Optimisations for iPhone5.
Contains 10 fabulous city guides to buy - Barcelona, Berlin, Bruges, Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Rome, San Francisco and Shanghai. Each features recommended itineraries, an audio phrasebook, detailed offline maps and hundreds of attractions. AND... you can try before you buy. This app also contains a free World Cities sampler, with sophisticated, off-the-beaten track areas from each of the 10 cities, plus basic audio phrases in 7 different languages, including Spanish, Italian and even Mandarin Chinese.
Each city is available to buy in full, featuring:
• Tons of top listings. Each city guide comprehensively covers all the areas worth visiting in the city and is packed with carefully selected listings, including hip and budget hotels, diverse shopping options, fun things for kids, parks and gardens, spas, plus all the unmissable monuments, museums and galleries, and much more...
• For planning and on-the-ground use. If you're planning, the app serves up top recommendations by category. And once you're on the ground, you'll get the best things near to your current location.
• Recommended itineraries. Not only can you create itineraries across all the areas of the city, but there are also our recommended routes to follow too.
• Comprehensive talking phrasebook. Need a bit of help with the local lingo? Each city comes with an audio phrase book covering food and drink, accommodation, shopping, business travel and more. Just tap a phrase and let the app talk for you!
• Detailed mapping. There are options to see the nearest 10 sights, your itineraries, and all of the city or area by area – all completely usable offline to avoid any roaming costs, though online options are available too.
• Other handy features. A gallery of inspiring photos, favourites and keyword search
*** Listed in The Guardian's 20 Best iPhone and iPad apps of the week ***
- June 10, 2014 Initial release