A minor update to provide support for larger screen sizes, featuring some new graphics and performance enhancements. As always, if you'd like to suggest new features for any of our Squeebles apps, please e-mail us on [email protected]
Perfect for 5 to 11 year olds wanting to practise their addition and subtraction in a fun, interactive way. The Squeebles are back - and they need you to use your addition and subtraction skills to help them!
By answering addition and subtraction questions across a variety of game modes and difficulty settings, you can free the 24 Squeebles from the clutches of the nasty Maths Monster, as well as earn turns on a fun mini-game as a reward for doing well in your maths tests.
> 6 game modes:
- Random (both addition and subtraction questions in the same test)
- Fill the gaps (you get given the answer and part of the question and have to complete the question - i.e. 3+?=9)
- Tricky questions (the questions you got wrong previously)
- Money (add the values of various coins together - choose from either British Pounds & Pence, Euros or US Dollars & Cents)
> 4 difficulty levels for each game mode mean this app is suitable for 4 year olds just starting out with adding as well as 10 or 11 year olds who need to practise more complex maths work:
- Beginner (answers between 1 and 10)
- Medium (answers between 1 and 20)
- Hard (answers between 20 and 100)
- Very Hard (answers between 100 and 1000)
> Difficulty levels can be switched off or on, on a per-child basis, so older children can't just earn lots of rewards for answering beginner-level questions and beginners won't get demoralised by being shown more complex sums.
> "Squeeble-cart" mini game gives children a reward for doing well in their maths questions. For each question they get right, they win one turn on the game. The game involves trying to launch a car with a Squeeble in it as far as possible down a race track.
> Rewards and power-ups to use in the squeeble-cart game can also be won by doing well in maths tests.
> Stars are awarded for completing tests correctly and in quick time. These can be traded for different cars to use in the squeeble-cart game. There are 40 cars to collect, each with different stats.
> There are 24 Squeebles to rescue from the Maths Monster, each with their own personality and fact sheet which tells you all about them.
> Unlimited children can be registered with the game, meaning this app is suitable for classroom use as well as for home use.
> Passcode-protected stats area lets parents / teachers see how well each child is doing.
> No in-app purchases, adverts or web links of any kind.
> US and UK English options so the Maths Monster becomes the Math Monster etc.
As always, if you need any further information or help, please get in touch by e-mailing [email protected]
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- January 07, 2016 New version 2.2
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- June 17, 2019 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 15, 2020 New version 2.5