• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the issue list.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Middle East magazine provided thousands of readers around the globe with expert commentary on the social, political and economic developments in the Arab world from its first issue in 1974 until the end of 2014. Though no longer publishing new issues, the archive remains available as valuable reference tool.
Please note: this is an English-language title.
You can subscribe within the application for full access to the archive of Middle East back issues. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync at least one issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£11.99 per month
£92.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- November 08, 2016 New version 9.6.1
- December 01, 2016 New version 10.0.2
- June 15, 2019 New version 12.0.1