Designed for experienced divers and snorkelers, this app covers over 400 species of Hawaiian reef fish. (If you see a fish that's not in here, please let me know!) The app combines the best features of an e-book and an app. Flip through screens like pages of a book, or quickly find a fish by its color or shape. The app includes high quality videos for almost every species.
- Fish organized by family, color, shape, sci name, Hawaiian name.
- 350+ videos and over 1000 underwater photos.
- 500+ screens of text & photos. Up to 3-4 screens of info per fish.
- Fish ID, behavior, ecology, diver stories, Hawaiian legends.
- 23 recommended dive sites; notes, photos, online maps.
- Save fish in a Logbook, add notes, edit notes, email Logbook (text only).
Videos require internet connection.
Created by John Hoover, author of Hawaii's best-selling marine life ID books: The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, and: Hawaii's Sea Creatures, a Guide to Hawaii's Marine Invertebrates. Check them out on Amazon.
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- July 18, 2014 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $7.99
- September 17, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- November 14, 2014 Price increase: $8.99 -> $11.99
- June 04, 2015 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $7.99
- July 07, 2015 Price increase: $7.99 -> $11.99
- July 10, 2015 New version 1.5
- July 18, 2015 New version 1.6
- August 01, 2015 New version 1.7
- August 05, 2015 New version 1.8
- June 21, 2016 New version 2.1