Bug fixes and refinements
The Sonic 4 saga continues in Episode II with the return of a beloved sidekick and fan-favorite villains!
Metal Sonic has teamed up with Dr. Eggman, and the dubious duo are together on Little Planet, ready to build a new Death Egg, this time constructed around Little Planet. It’s up to Sonic and his trusty sidekick to foil Dr. Eggman’s plans and take down Death Egg mk.II. With a classic ‘Sonic feel,’ enhanced gameplay, five distinctive Zones, and a soundtrack composed by Jun Senoue, this speedy sequel that originally launched in May of 2012 does not disappoint.
This release of Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II also includes Episode Metal unlocked from the get-go. This bonus set of stages sees you playing as Metal Sonic across fiendishly difficult versions of Zones from Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I. Complete them to discover the complete story behind Sonic The Hedgehog 4!
Like the rest of the SEGA Forever collection, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II boasts added features such as leaderboards, cloud saves, and controller support. Each game in the collection is available to download for free from the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
Players who want to experience the games without ads can remove them for a one-time in-app purchase priced at $1.99/ €2.29 / £1.99.
- Five Zones and seven bosses to best as Sonic and Tails
- Play as Metal Sonic in Episode Metal, now unlocked from the start!
- Complete all the Special Stages to unlock Super Sonic!
- Work with Tails to perform the Rolling, Copter, and Submarine combos!
- Can you collect all the Red Star Rings?
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
SONIC 4: EPISODE II TRIVIA
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4's story takes place after the events of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
- The halfpipe Special Stages return from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - don't worry though, they aren't quite as tough as before!
- Can you spot all the other references to Zones and features from the 16-bit Sonic series?
SONIC 4: EPISODE II HISTORY
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II was first released in May 2012
- Developed by Sonic Team and Dimps
- Lead Programmer: Koji Okugawa
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION or its affiliates.
- May 17, 2012 Initial release
- June 19, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- June 23, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- August 16, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- August 22, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- November 13, 2012 New version 1.1
- November 21, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- November 27, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- December 20, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $0.99
- January 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- March 23, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- April 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- June 20, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- July 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- July 03, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 21, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- January 02, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 12, 2016 New version 2.1.3
- November 25, 2016 New version 2.1.4
- August 16, 2018 New version 3.0
- August 16, 2018 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- June 13, 2019 New version 3.0.2
- August 06, 2021 New version 3.0.4
- September 16, 2023 New version 3.1.1