Updated for new iOS
"As a Science teacher, I find many obstacles in finding the perfect medium in which to share information with my students. This often includes hours of google searches, you tube searches, etc. This app is amazing! It takes those hours I used to spend and turns them into seconds with one touch of this app. I love it! Thanks again for creating such an awesome app that gives me hours of my life back! "
In the information age of today education, learning and teaching is changing fast. The technology that is being used in and outside of the classroom is everywhere. Almost every student has a cell phone with access to the Internet. Even with out Internet access there are educational applications for iPhone, iPad and so on. The methods for teaching students and special needs students are expanding. Some schools are going all iPad. Meaning all students will have iPads with digital textbooks and new learning tools.
For students these types of applications can be very useful. The student who cannot focus on one type of learning at a time can flip back and fourth through the app to stay focused. The student who is an extremely visual learner will be attracted to the devices colorful screen of pictures in the lesson. The student who has trouble writing notes or preparing them self for a test can simply open up previous lessons and practice on the interactive quizzes of the apps. The student who is a auditory learner can listen to nature sounds while reviewing topics or watch videos related to each topic. The very high performing student can find interesting topic related daily news and summarize it for the class. All of these options can be utilized through one educational app.
Environmental Science Buddy is the ultimate tool for learning about the Environmental Science. This app was designed by a teacher who has used all possible multimedia resources in the classroom for teaching regents curriculum. Environmental Science Buddy is not only an app for learning Environmental Science, but also a app for teachers. The features of this app makes studying extremely convenient. This app is a great study guide and great for exam prep.
The features of this app include everything you need to learn about the Environmental Science.
1. This app includes attractive presentations on all topics below.
2. Interactive quizzes by topic (with real regents questions)
3. Daily Environmental science news updates.
5. Flash cards by topic.
Topics covered are
Problems and Solutions
Food and soil resources
Alternative energy presentations
Solid waste management
Cycles in nature
Weather and Climate
Evolution and biodiversity
This app would be ideal for classrooms with iPads because it has the resources to prepare for a regents or to present a lesson. All the regents buddy apps are available on the app store and have been helping teachers and students since their release. This app is a great study guide and great for exam prep.
- March 12, 2012 Initial release
- March 31, 2012 New version 1.1
- April 20, 2012 New version 2.0
- May 10, 2012 New version 2.1
- June 29, 2012 New version 2.2
- September 15, 2012 New version 3.0
- October 12, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- October 13, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- December 14, 2012 New version 3.5
- February 19, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- February 22, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- April 05, 2013 New version 3.6
- July 12, 2013 New version 3.7
- March 04, 2014 New version 3.8
- March 09, 2014 New version 3.9
- March 31, 2014 New version 4.0
- April 17, 2014 New version 4.1
- May 03, 2014 New version 4.2
- October 12, 2014 New version 4.3
- May 01, 2015 New version 4.4
- September 05, 2015 New version 4.5
- November 18, 2019 New version 4.6
- December 03, 2019 New version 4.7