Updated for iOS 13
Learn about the animals of North America and their habitats!
You will learn where each animal lives on the North American continent, several facts about each animal, and their current conservation status.
The app contains 4 Activities:
- The Information Center
- Habitat Map (names and shapes)
- Habitat Map (shapes only)
- Animal Map
Here's how the Information Center works:
Touch an animal in the photo-strip to change the featured animal on the page. The Map Button will show the animal's unique habitat highlighted on the map. Hear the correct pronunciation of the animal name. Touch the definition button to see and hear a detailed description of the animal as well as the Animal Facts box, containing dimensions, weight and conservation information. A list of Conservation definitions can be seen by touching the lightning button on the top bar.
Habitat Maps are fun and teach kids quickly:
This activity expands the Continent Box activity found in the Montessori classrooms
In the first habitat map lesson children have to look for the animal that corresponds to the name shown at the top and the habitat shown on the map. When they touch the correct animal card, a representative animal shape will transfer to the map as the name of the animal is heard aloud.
In the second habitat map lesson children have to look for the animal that corresponds to the shown habitat only! This is more challenging, however, you will be pleasantly surprised how fast you will learn to memorize the animal habitats!
By learning the habitats, we hope this app will help children to become more aware of how precious life is on this planet and how rare some species are becoming.
This activity is a basic puzzle where children can drag the animal pieces to the corresponding shape on the map, which is placed in the zone where the animal lives on the continent.
This Montessori application was co-developed and approved by an AMI certified, Montessori teacher with over forty years experience educating children!
We sincerely thank you for your support of our other Montessori applications and hope you enjoy this one!
Visit our website: http://www.mobilemontessori.org
App page: http://www.mobilemontessori.org/animalsofnorthamerica
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- August 02, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- January 04, 2015 New version 1.3
- July 16, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- July 29, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- October 24, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 26, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- December 12, 2016 New version 2.0
- October 15, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- January 07, 2020 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $5.99
- July 15, 2020 New version 2.1
- July 15, 2020 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99