Added in alpha level and delta level settings at start of game. Alpha level gives your ship more health and is the default. Delta level is the same as it was in previous versions.
We separated them into 2 Game Center leader boards.
We also added in some Game Center achievements.
We appreciate your ratings and reviews!
Thanks for playing Astro Math!!!
Your spaceship got sucked into a wormhole and you ended up far away from Earth. Now you must make your way back through 32 star systems so you can get home. Good luck on your journey!
After you fly your spaceship through each star system you arrive at a planet. To earn money on the planet you get presented with 10 math word problems. For each problem you answer correctly you earn money to spend in the shop buying more health or improvements to your spaceship which can help you survive the next star system.
NOTES: We have tried to create a very fun arcade style game with math at certain points in the game as a needed element to win. You can configure the types of math word problems presented to include: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and extra thought.
We also recommend a pencil and paper is kept handy to work out the math problems. It is normal for children to want some help at first as they learn to read the problems and decide what math steps are needed. We have tried to create a super well done game that makes it fun to tackle math word problems which many children can struggle with. Even if they use a calculator to solve the math problems it will improve reading comprehension and problem solving abiltities.
Since it is configurable, we can recommend this game for children anywhere from 1st grade through 5th grade. That is not to say the game itself is not fun enough to be enjoyed by any age and help improve your math skills. Enjoy!
- February 25, 2012 Initial release
- March 05, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- March 30, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- April 27, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 01, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- January 25, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- January 29, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- December 17, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- December 20, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- March 13, 2015 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- March 16, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99