• Added iOS 8 & iOS 9 support.
• Standalone app is no longer being updated.
• You can find new editions of the dictionary in the new 'Duden dictionaries' app.
Get to know the different meanings and finer nuances of meanings of the current German language on the basis of approximately 500,000 keywords, explanations and examples of their usage. The German dictionary will provide you with extensive and easily comprehensible information on how words and phrases may be used in the context of a written or spoken sentence and what they mean. About 250,000 additional details on spelling, pronunciation, origin, grammar and style complete the dictionary. Additionally, it also contains several thousands of sound settings for correct pronunciation spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel.
Features of the dictionary:
• About 150,000 keywords and sayings
• More than 500,000 examples of usage
• Over 12,000 sound settings for correct pronunciation spoken by professional speakers on the main German television channel
• Clear special section with practical tips on the usage of controversial words
Powerful NEW SEARCH FEATURES – including FULL TEXT SEARCH – assures that any query yields precise search returns, ensuring you find the word you’re looking for quickly and easily.
The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Duden will automatically build a list of entries containing your query.
• Because Full text search supports ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to get definitions.
• Contextual menu.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Dear owner of a standalone Duden dictionary app,
the standalone dictionary app(s) you have purchased are not compatible with iOS 8 and higher iOS versions. Please download the new update.Thank you.
- September 02, 2012 Initial release
- October 13, 2012 Price increase: $18.99 -> $37.99
- October 30, 2012 Price decrease: $37.99 -> $33.99
- December 14, 2012 Price decrease: $33.99 -> $27.99
- December 18, 2012 New version 3.25
- December 26, 2012 Price increase: $27.99 -> $33.99
- January 04, 2013 New version 3.28
- February 10, 2013 New version 3.29
- June 06, 2013 New version 3.32
- June 23, 2013 Price decrease: $33.99 -> $24.99
- June 25, 2013 Price increase: $24.99 -> $33.99
- October 18, 2013 Price decrease: $33.99 -> $22.99
- October 22, 2013 Price increase: $22.99 -> $33.99
- July 16, 2016 New version 3.59.776