• Added iOS 8 & iOS 9 support.
• Standalone app is no longer being updated.
• You can find new editions of the dictionary in the new 'Duden dictionaries' app.
Does "apparently" have the same meaning as "seemingly"? When do you say "great", "brilliant", "super" or even better "interesting" or "inspiring"? Is there a difference between "itself" and "self"?
It is not always easy to find the suitable expression, the correct word or the correct nomination. Use the present most comprehensive collection of synonyms of the German language: the current 5th edition of the Duden dictionary of synonyms, then you will always have the most suitable expression at hand.
The stylistic, regional, chronological and technical term allocation and description of the synonyms make it easy to find the suitable expression.
Features of the dictionary:
• 300,000 synonyms of over 20,000 current and frequently used keywords
• Numerous information boxes on phrases and tips on how to use controversial words
• Exact stylistic, regional, chronological and technical term allocation of the synonyms
• Clear structures and a direct link to related word/search boxes
• Alternative expressions for over 200 sayings (e.g. instead of the phrase "the be-all and end-all" the following synonyms: "focal point", "the most essential", "the most important", "the crux of the matter"; "pivot point", "central issue", "main point" and "main issue".)
Powerful NEW SEARCH FEATURES – including FULL TEXT SEARCH – assures that any query yields precise search returns, ensuring you find the word you’re looking for quickly and easily.
The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
• Enter a query into the input field and Duden will automatically build a list of entries containing your query.
• Because Full text search supports ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to get their synonyms.
• Contextual menu.
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Search History can be browsed through or deleted in full.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
* Please note, that we don’t remove Duden - German dictionary of synonyms, 4th Edition to support the current users.
Dear owner of a standalone Duden dictionary app,
the standalone dictionary app(s) you have purchased are not compatible with iOS 8 and higher iOS versions. Please download the new update.Thank you.
- July 17, 2016 Initial release