- Bug fixes
The Wolfram Words Reference App is more than just a dictionary! From synonyms and acronyms to information about words through history and tools for solving word puzzles, it includes easy access to everything you've ever wanted to know about English words.
- Find the common definition of a word as well as its pronunciation, first known use, origin, inflected forms, and general usage
- Find synonyms, acronyms, rhymes, and homophones
- Calculate popular word game scores and find possible words using your letters
- Compute word patterns given only a few letters or compute words that begin or end with certain letters
- Get historical crossword puzzle clues or enter specific letters to find word possibilities
- Perform document length and time conversions given a number of words, pages, or characters
- Convert a sentence into Morse code or Braille and look up Soundex codes
- Generate a QR code or barcode from a word or phrase
- Find notable uses of a word in a city, book, movie, and other names or explore a word's frequency throughout history
Our database is a work in progress, so check back to see if information about the word you entered is added.
The Wolfram Words Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Words Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- August 21, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- December 20, 2014 New version 1.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.3.1