-- New non-holiday content for Card Maker
-- Minor bug fixes and performance optimizations
• Named one of Kirkus' Best Apps of the year!
• Editor’s Choice Award, Children’s Technology Review
• App of the Week, FOXNews
THE CRITICS LOVE MILLIE
"Meet Millie stands alone as the pick of the litter." –The Horn Book
"The best iPad book we’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something." –Best Kids Apps
"So cute, I give it two paws up" –CoolMomTech
"Children will simply love Millie" –148Apps
"I'm hooked on the series and having a mysterious craving for bacon" –The iPhone Mom
"One of the most unique and best illustrated children’s narratives available for the iPad" –The iPhone App Review
"A no-brainer, just go ahead and get it!" –Apps4Kids
GIVE US YOUR PAW AND WE’LL GIVE YOU A TREAT!
Get ready to steer the action, reveal surprises, play games, and collect stickers along the way in this hilarious book app—the first in the Millie Was HereTM series.
YOU'LL HOWL WITH LAUGHTER
Meet Millie, the adorable but mischievous mutt who turns real life into a real adventure. Tap and swipe each page to discover why Millie is such a special dog. Her silly "super powers," her outrageous "special diet," and her wacky “disguises" are all revealed in this full-featured mini book.
THE TALL "TAILS" OF A SHORT DOG
The Millie books combine real-life photographs with fantastical art and story elements to create far-fetched, humorous “fairytales” for kids. They’re a lighthearted, modern twist on a classic format, and everyone’s in on the joke.
TEACHING OLD SKILLS USING NEW TRICKS
Our goal is to use a technology to which kids are naturally drawn to foster a love of reading, promote imaginative and inferential thinking, and help kids develop cognitive, creative, language, and motor skills. Education and language specialists have found that even the most reluctant readers are enticed to read Millie’s books.
THIS PUPPY WAS BORN DIGITAL
The Millie Was HereTM series was created from the ground up as an interactive reading experience for iOS devices. It wasn't adapted from a book, film, or television show—so its interactivity and mixed-media design are built right into the story, not added on later. The result is interactivity that feels intuitive, natural, and fully integrated into the narrative.
• Read-along text (highlights words as they are read)
• Interactivity on every page, including digital pop-ups, mini games, and more
• Packed with exciting video clips and animation
• Virtual stickers hidden on every page, and a sticker book for your collection
• Innovative “Bedtime Mode” creates a calmer experience for nighttime reading
• Two reading modes allow users to choose between having the book read to them, or reading it themselves.
• Easily switch between all 10 languages from the home screen
• Original music and fun sound effects
• Professional dramatic narration
• Beautiful, original artwork and photography
• A cute dog on every page
- April 24, 2012 Initial release
- June 27, 2012 New version 1.2.0
- June 29, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- July 14, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- September 11, 2012 New version 1.2.3
- July 28, 2013 New version 1.3.0
- December 20, 2014 New version 2.0
- January 28, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- February 13, 2015 New version 2.0.2
- October 04, 2015 New version 2.0.3
- December 19, 2015 New version 2.1.0
- January 26, 2016 New version 2.1.1