- Adjustment to fit the beans to the curve in the screen of the iPhone X.
A waste of technology!? We would prefer to think of “Azuki Wave” as our ultimate physics simulation app.
Do you know how the sound effect for ocean waves used in television and cinema is created? In Japan, the traditional method is to use “azuki” beans and a bamboo basket called “zaru”. The sound of azuki beans gently rolling around in a zaru basket is just like the sound of ocean waves.
“Azuki Wave” is an app that reproduces the movement and sound of azuki in a zaru on your iPhone or iPad. Our original physics engine, called “Azuki Simulator”, faithfully computes the movement of each individual azuki bean. Along with it, we also developed our “Azuki Synthesizer” to generate sound that is synchronized with the movement of the azuki. Some might consider it futile to aim for such a high level of realism, but the fact is that this app provides a strangely nice feeling to everyone trying it. Simply rolling the azuki around, touching them, listening to the ocean sounds they create somehow allows you to calm down and has a soothing, refreshing effect.
Try “Azuki Wave” when you can't stand the heat outside, when you really feel like going to the sea but can't, or when you want to take your mind off some irritating thing.
- Realistic azuki bean movement powered by the “Azuki Simulator”, our original physics engine.
- Powerful “Azuki Synthesizer” which generates ocean waves sounds from the sampled sound of a single azuki bean.
- Smooth computer animation depicting high grade Japan-grown azuki beans.
- Supports device inclination and multi-touch interaction.
- Adjustable amount of azuki beans (3 discrete levels).
- Allows simultaneous background music playback.
*No azukis were harmed in the making of this app (they were however eaten by the staff after being used for sampling).
- June 14, 2014 Initial release
- October 17, 2014 New version 1.03
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.04
- May 11, 2015 New version 1.05
- October 09, 2015 New version 1.06
- November 21, 2015 New version 1.07
- August 07, 2016 New version 1.08
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.10