With this update, we're excited to announce that effects such as Green Screen work on any device and any camera, including those without the TrueDepth camera system.
- A new Background Blur effect to protect your privacy or hide a messy room.
- The Green Screen background replacement algorithm is now faster and more accurate.
- We've enhanced the interface to make using portrait mode even easier.
A new Windows 10 driver with these improvements is available for download at elgato.com/downloads
The "Smurf" video bug has been resolved – no more blue hue.
Wireless connection reliability improvements.
Easily turn your phone into a high definition Mac or PC webcam.
Perfect for business, online teaching, live streaming and more, EpocCam works seamlessly with popular video conferencing and broadcast software. Connect via USB or stream camera footage to your PC over Wi-Fi, and move freely while broadcasting anywhere in your local network.
Shoot in portrait or landscape mode with background blur or enhanced chroma key. Easily add a secondary camera angle to your existing setup. With EpocCam drivers installed on your computer, your phone automatically appears as a webcam in apps like OBS Studio, Zoom and Microsoft Teams (Windows PC only).
Employ EpocCam to leverage the superior processing power of your phone, and look just as polished online as you do in person.
- Webcam App: convert your phone into a high definition computer webcam.
- Professional Quality: conference call and live stream in 1080p, HDR, and more.
- Software Friendly: OBS Studio, Zoom, Microsoft Teams (Windows PC only) and more.
- Modes and Effects: portrait, landscape, background blur, chroma key.
- Perfect for Remote Work: business, online teaching, content creation, etc.
- Easy Multicam Solution: add another camera angle to your setup.
- Wireless Freedom: connect via Wi-Fi for unrestricted movement.
- One-Time Setup: phone automatically appears as a webcam in computer software.
- Compatibility: works with Mac and Windows PC.
Turn your phone into a webcam in minutes:
1. Get the EpocCam app
2. Download and install the computer drivers
3. Connect phone to PC via Wi-Fi or USB
4. Set EpocCam as the webcam on your computer
- EpocCam App: iOS 13.0 or later
- EpocCam Drivers: macOS 10.14 or later / Windows 10
- Wi-Fi network or USB cable
Learn more: https://elgato.com/epoccam
- June 10, 2014 Initial release
- October 25, 2014 New version 1.9
- November 07, 2014 New version 1.9.1
- October 18, 2015 New version 1.9.2
- June 13, 2019 New version 2019.5
- July 14, 2020 New version 2020.1
- October 27, 2020 New version 2020.2
- November 12, 2020 New version 2020.4
- December 10, 2020 New version 2020.6
- August 06, 2021 New version 2021.2