NEW LESSON JUST RELEASED:
• KAI NAREZO's 2nd lesson in his "Intro to Flamenco Guitar" series
• Updated app to take advantage of iOS 5.01 with respect to iCloud backups. Lessons will no longer be deleted "automatically" by Apple when your iPad runs low on space.
• ALEX DE GRASSI, teaches acoustic fingerstyle guitar
• ROBBEN FORD, yes, ROBBEN FORD!
If you'd like to be notified when new lessons become available, just send an email to [email protected] and put "new lessons" in the subject line.
Derek & Alan
On the Path
“Learning your instrument doesn’t get any better than this.”
Jac Holzman, Founder of Elektra Records.
“Equal parts intimate concert and music class, On the Music Path has to be one of the most ambitious iPad apps for guitarists built yet.” - Fretboard Journal
“Great app from great musicians” – Appolicious
Imagine getting a private guitar lesson from JACKSON BROWNE or RICHARD THOMPSON, jamming with ROSCOE BECK and ROBBEN FORD, learning to play ukulele from JAKE SHIMABUKURO, bluegrass from SEAN and SARA WATKINS or jazz piano from RUSSELL FERRANTE.
These are just a few of the extraordinary experiences made possible by “On the Music Path.”
“On the Music Path” offers beautifully filmed, in-depth lessons from a star-studded cast of world-renowned musicians.
Each lesson costs between $1.99 and $19.99 and includes 45-85 minutes of one-on-one lesson time with a master musician accompanied by musical notation, chord charts, lyrics and guitar tablature synchronized to the teacher’s playing. There are no subscriptions charges. And you can try out the first few chapters of any lesson for free.
REAL INSTRUMENTS. REAL MUSICIANS. ELEGANT TECHNOLOGY.
In an age when more people are learning to play virtual pianos and plastic guitars than the real thing, On the Music Path wants to help you learn to play a real instrument from a real master.
There are no flashing lights to follow, no polyphonic note detection algorithms, no game leaderboards and no jam tracks laid down by a machine. Just carefully structured, one-on-one instruction from a master musician. Our user-interface lets you focus on learning to play an instrument instead of learning to use an application:
Tap anywhere in the notation to jump to that exact spot in the lesson. Swipe left or right to skip through a lesson’s chapters. It’s as simple as that.
You can even slow the video down and practice at your own pace or record yourself and hear how well you’re doing.
And in “practice” mode, you can view notation and tab full-screen, synchronized with either the teacher’s demonstration or the metronome. Use the metronome to automatically turn pages at any tempo you choose. Or manually turn pages with a single swipe or tap of the finger. Set in and out points to practice particular sections. And then when you’re ready, record yourself playing and email the recordings to your agent...
AN AMAZING SLATE OF LESSONS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
• JACKSON BROWNE breaks down the essential elements of his distinctive style in “Fingerpicking and Alternate Tunings”, a master class for intermediate guitarists
• RICHARD THOMPSON, named one of the Top 20 guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone, gives an advanced class on “Folk Rock Guitar”
• ERIC JOHNSON teaches the art of the electric guitar (featuring his solo "Cliffs of Dover" at both half- and full-speed with full transcription)
• JAKE SHIMABUKURO teaches Peace, Love and the Ukulele (featuring Jake’s amazing solo arrangement of George Harrison’s tune, "My Guitar Gently Weeps")
• Martin Signature Guitar Artist, KENNY SULTAN, gives beginners a step-by-step introduction to blues guitar and teaches intermediate students the secrets of “Fingerstyle Blues”
• Grammy®-award winner, SCOTT TENNANT, introduces beginning guitarists to some of the most beautiful pieces in the classical repertoire, including Pachelbel’s “Canon” and the “Romanza” by Tárrega
• And for those just getting started, singer-songwriter and guitarist, STEVE POSTELL, introduces all the fundamentals—from how to read chord charts to how to take a solo—and will quickly have you playing tunes such as “Teach Your Children” and “Peaceful Easy Feeling.”
AND MANY, MANY MORE COMING SOON…
We hope you enjoy.
And please send us your suggestions for how to improve the app or who you’d like to see included in our lineup: [email protected]
- November 11, 2011 New version v1.3
- February 18, 2012 New version v1.4