• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Wire is an independent, monthly music magazine dedicated to informed, intelligent coverage of a wide range of progressive, adventurous and non-mainstream musics.
Although The Wire is a London based publication, it serves an international readership.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of every issue of The Wire published since issue one from summer 1982. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£3.99 per month
£29.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- June 24, 2011 New version 4.3
- September 06, 2011 New version 4.4
- October 14, 2011 New version 5.0
- November 22, 2011 New version 5.1
- April 27, 2012 New version 5.4
- September 05, 2012 New version 6.1
- March 02, 2013 New version 6.6
- March 21, 2013 New version 6.7
- May 29, 2013 New version 7.0
- July 31, 2013 New version 7.2
- September 20, 2013 New version 7.3.0
- October 24, 2013 New version 7.4.1
- June 23, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- May 03, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- June 10, 2015 New version 8.3.6
- October 03, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- June 23, 2016 New version 9.3.0
- August 15, 2016 New version 9.5.6
- November 25, 2016 New version 10.0.1
- June 14, 2019 New version 12.0.0