Fixed Search by Rating scale bug.
"I use this app before every movie!! No more shocking content in the movies we watch. I am given a thorough review of the movies contents. Love it!!" - Hanksclan
"Must have app for families! Easy to use with plenty of details on movie content. Highly recommended!" - Pyburn6
- - - - - -
Kids In Mind provides parents and other adults with objective and complete information about a film's content so that they can decide, based on their own value system, whether they should watch a movie with or without their kids.
-- WHAT IS INCLUDED? --
• Over 3,000 movie reviews and ratings
• Detailed content for every movie
• Notifications when new movie reviews are available
• No ads or pop-ups
• 60 days of new movie reviews and ratings
-- THE DETAILS --
Kids In Mind describes the exact content of each movie from the number of profanities uttered to descriptions of every violent and sexual scene. Kids In Mind makes no judgments about what is good or bad and does not "condemn," "critique" or "criticize" movies. Kids In Mind doesn’t "praise" or "recommend" movies either.
Unlike the MPAA ratings (R, PG-13, PG, etc.) we do not assign a rating based on age. We rate Sex/Nudity, Violence/Gore, and Profanity on a scale from 0 to 10 and we explain in detail why a film rates high or low in a specific category.
Kids In Mind gives you over 3,000 detailed movie reviews with detailed content and ratings along with a year of new movie reviews. After 60 days of new reviews, you have the option of purchasing a 12 month subscription of new movie reviews via in-app purchase.
-- Q & A --
• Do you determine if a movie is appropriate for kids?
No. Our system is based on objective standards, not the viewer's age or the artistic merits of a film. We allow you to determine whether a movie is appropriate for you or your children. Along with a rating for Sex, Violence, and Profanity, we also include instances of substance use, a list of discussion topics that may elicit questions from children, and the message the film conveys.
• How detailed are your reviews?
Very detailed. We provide you with almost every detail of the movie from matter-of-fact sexual scene descriptions to exactly how many profanities are exclaimed.
• After 60 days , can I get new reviews?
The app includes 60 days of new movie reviews. After 60 days, the app will prompt you to purchase a subscription for continued new reviews.
• How do I subscribe?
After 60 days, the app requires an optional subscription to continue receiving new movie reviews. Payments will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Tell me more about the subscription.
In order to continue receiving new reviews after the initial 60 days included in your purchase, you have the option of purchasing a subscription. The subscription is for 1 month for USD 0.99 and will automatically renew each month unless cancelled.
-- CONTACT US --
If you have any question, suggestion, or problem with the application, please contact us at [email protected] We will be happy to help or answer any question you may have.
-- TECHNICAL SUPPORT --
If you are experiencing any technical problems please contact us at [email protected] If you leave a review detailing a problem, we do not have a way to contact you to resolve it. Please contact us directly. We take all problems very seriously and will continue to release new updates regularly.
- November 18, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 21, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 30, 2011 New version 1.10
- February 15, 2012 New version 1.20
- July 14, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 31, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- August 08, 2012 New version 1.21
- August 29, 2012 New version 1.22
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.23
- January 24, 2013 New version 1.24
- April 08, 2013 New version 1.25
- June 28, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 26, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- June 22, 2014 New version 1.26
- November 13, 2014 New version 1.27