Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
Leap to victory in this fusion of interactive music video and classic platforming action!
"...a kind of psycho-religious version of Frogger..." - New York Times
"Daniel Johnston's iPhone Game Is Predictably Bizarre, Bizarrely Fun" - Gizmodo.com
"...Hi, How Are You has taken on a whole new layer of awesome..." - TouchArcade
Hi, How Are You is a 3D platformer based on the art and music of the late Daniel Johnston, and starring his well-known character, Jerimiah the Innocent. Jerimiah has been transformed into a frog by an evil force and must reverse the curse to rescue the love of his life. Help him regain his true form by outrunning, outsmarting, and outmaneuvering his enemies through increasingly tough obstacles in a bizarre, otherworldly universe. It's not enough just to find the exit — Jerimiah has to hop on every green square in the stage to open the way forward, and each labyrinthine level contains special bonus squares as well. With 40 different stages and 4 different forms, you've got your work cut out for you!
The entire game showcases Daniel Johnston’s music, creating an interactive music video like no other. High scores aren’t the only prize either, as each new achievement unlocks a unique piece of Daniel’s artwork.
* An Awesome Soundtrack: Hop along to tunes drawn from Daniel Johnston's 2001 album, Rejected Unknown!
* Explore 40 Stages: Discover hidden secrets, find time-saving shortcuts, and set foot on every green square to open the path forward!
* Take Daring Leaps: As a frog, Jerimiah is able to cover some pretty serious distances with his jumps. Cross wide gaps and climb to great heights!
* Stylish Graphics: Travel through worlds inspired by Johnston's artwork and see his sketches come to life in full 3D!
* Master Different Forms: Jerimiah begins the game as a frog, but he'll eventually take on three other forms, each with their own unique properties!
* Choose Your Controls: Play with virtual buttons for a more classic experience, or use tilt controls to really get moving! Hi, How Are You also supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation controllers.
Hi, How Are You - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- July 05, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 10, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 21, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 02, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 01, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 13, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 07, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 03, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- April 01, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- June 19, 2019 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- November 12, 2019 New version 3.1.4
- November 19, 2019 New version 3.1.6
- December 10, 2019 New version 3.1.7
- July 15, 2020 New version 3.1.15