- Removed OpenFeint features due to the social software being shutdown by the parent company.
- Replaced OpenFeint multiplayer connectivity with the all-new MECHO.NET multiplayer gaming service by Oyaji Games.
- Old OpenFeint accounts will be migrated to MECHO.NET accounts automatically, which will allow players to preserve online rankings.
Jump into an exciting war between the Winged Crusade and the Landians! Mecho Wars is a turn-based strategy game where you command your troops to expand control and conquer your enemies. Strategically position your troops because each type has its strengths and weaknesses.
Command your troops to conquer structures for your team's benefit. Capture factories to expand maximum army support. To pay for this large army, take-over cities to earn gold from the rich economic hubs. Finally, defeat the enemy by capturing their H.Q. structures.
Included in the game is a rich story-driven single player campaign, a special set of individual challenge maps, and remarkable multi-player support with a single device.
The single player campaign is a story about the rise of the Winged Crusade. The story takes place in a distant land known as the Divination Deserts. This is not your typical desert since there is plenty of water separating land masses. Mecho Wars features a unique day-night cycle where water will freeze overnight. Once inaccessible areas by land troops can be reached in the early hours of the morning.
The day-night cycle isn't used only in the single player campaign. Try facing off against a friend in multi-player. Be amused when you place your troops in the right spots for an overnight ambush!
- Online Multiplayer
- 2 Campaigns (Winged Crusade and The Landians)
- 20 Campaign Levels (over 8 hours of gameplay)
- 10 Challenge Maps
- Exciting story
- Great 2D graphics
- Excellent soundtrack
- Day/Night features
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- The best turn based strategy game on iPhone according to several websites
- Listen to your itunes library while you play
- Based on the characters and world created by Luc Bernard
Like Advanced Wars, but on the iPhone. If you like turn based strategy, you should really look at picking this one up. It’s straight up turn based strategy goodness.
4.5 out of 5
This is hands down the best TBS game on the iPlatfrom.
4.5 out of 5
If you enjoyed the strategy and planning of Advanced Wars on you gameboy advanced, check out Mecho Wars. It has mostly everything that you would want and retails for a relatively cheaper price.
4 stars out of 5
If you're into strategy titles and need a fix of Advance Wars, Mecho Wars is the best thing currently out for the Touch and iPhone.
Mecho Wars does everything right to suit the iPhone platform. The touch screen controls are well balanced, and compelling gameplay can make for some lengthy struggles over water, land, air and ice. Any game that I can play casually while making pancakes simultaneosly is a winner in my eyes.
8.5 out of 10
- December 09, 2011 New version 1.5.4
- December 21, 2011 New version 1.5.5
- January 25, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- February 12, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 29, 2012 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 18, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 27, 2012 New version 1.5.6