Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
A power learning aid combining Guides, Practice and Coaching Calculators to help students master factoring of quadratic trinomials.
The Box or Grid Method factors harder trinomials such as 3x² + 7x + 4, but also handles simple cases.
It's similar to factoring by grouping or factoring by the AC method, but many students find it easier because of the routine process involved combined with the visual nature of the box.
Students develop their skills quickly as they work with the calculator and see each step of a process in detail.
- Drawing the box
- Finding the target of the × and of the +
- Finding the signs of the integer pair
- Completing the box
- Factoring rows and columns
- Reading off the factors
Students learn quickly when they focus on a particular step and investigate what happens when the sign of the x-coefficient switches between positive and negative.
For convenience, the app also has Coaching Calculators covering many quadratic factoring methods :
- factoring by Guess and Check or Trial and Error method
- factoring by Grouping or AC method
- factoring by Difference of Squares
The in depth Guides show each problem solving step and highlight and simplify algebra that students find hard.
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.0
- June 28, 2012 New version 3.1
- September 27, 2012 New version 3.2
- February 27, 2013 New version 3.3
- September 29, 2013 New version 4.0
- March 13, 2015 New version 5.0
- September 26, 2015 New version 5.1
- November 09, 2016 New version 6.0
- June 14, 2019 New version 6.6
- September 26, 2019 New version 6.7
- January 14, 2020 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- January 22, 2020 New version 6.8
- January 28, 2020 New version 6.9
- January 28, 2020 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99