11.4 (September 2020)
- Updated MAX map to September 2020 version (three stops were closed).
- New look for Alerts. Alerts now include links inline in the text, such as trimet.org or Stop ID 7586. Alerts are now consistently sorted, and additional links are at the end.
- Fixed issue with reading TriMet's route file, so the optional fetching of route lines for maps will work again, now it fetches in the background too. This is a cool feature - turn it on in the settings. For Show Route Paths on Maps, choose "Fetch in background, Monthly".
- Fixed an issue where, on the details screen, vehicles may be shown as due after they had left.
- Code has been tidied up a lot internally to make it easier to maintain, as I had time on my hands. :-(
- Added support for Shortcuts app to get arrivals, stop locations, and routes. See documentation, and try the Shortcuts app.
- Improved check network screen to show progress.
- Trip planner results now include the number of transfers.
- Various other bug fixes.
- Updated some station names as the South Waterfront area has changed from "SW Portland" to "S Portland". The Streetcar map and stations are not yet changed.
- Updated map sharing to allow sharing of a map link for a stop.
- Note: This will be the last update for iOS 10, as Apple makes it hard to test older than the last three versions.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon.
** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **
This app uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.
You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.
- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.
- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.
- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.
- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.
- Links to TriMet route information.
- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.
- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.
-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.
- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.
- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stations
Route and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
- June 24, 2011 New version 6.0
- September 01, 2011 New version 6.0.1
- November 19, 2011 New version 6.1
- July 05, 2012 New version 6.2
- September 05, 2012 New version 6.3
- September 22, 2012 New version 6.4
- September 27, 2012 New version 6.5
- October 16, 2012 New version 6.6
- June 02, 2013 New version 6.7
- January 27, 2014 New version 7.0
- June 21, 2014 New version 7.1
- January 06, 2015 New version 7.2
- August 30, 2015 New version 7.9
- September 14, 2015 New version 7.11
- February 28, 2016 New version 8.0
- July 13, 2016 New version 8.1
- December 08, 2016 New version 9.0
- December 20, 2016 New version 9.1
- June 15, 2019 New version 11.1
- August 17, 2019 New version 11.2
- September 27, 2019 New version 11.3
- January 07, 2020 New version 11.3.1
- October 28, 2020 New version 11.4