- Added support for the new Retina iPad to the rendering engine and artwork.
- Added a color key for elements to iPad interface.
- Slightly improved rendering fidelity on iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
- Fixed a few minor rendering glitches.
Molecules is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers. You can rotate the molecules by moving your finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once. These structures can be viewed in both ball-and-stick and spacefilling visualization modes.
New molecules can be downloaded from either the RCSB Protein Data Bank (http://www.rcsb.org/pdb), an international repository of biological molecules and their 3-D structures, or NCBI's PubChem (http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov), a public database of compounds. Molecules can be downloaded directly to your handheld device and stored there for later viewing.
Custom molecular structures can be downloaded to the application via iTunes file sharing, or through the use of custom URL formats. For more details, please visit our website.
Molecules is a BSD-licensed open source project.
- June 03, 2011 New version 2.02
- May 18, 2011 New version 2.01
- May 09, 2011 New version 2.0
- January 10, 2011 New version 1.4.2
- June 02, 2010 New version 1.4.1
- April 02, 2010 New version 1.4
- September 08, 2009 New version 1.3.2
- January 08, 2009 New version 1.3.1
- November 15, 2008 New version 1.3
- September 29, 2008 New version 1.2
- June 25, 2011 New version 2.02
- April 06, 2012 New version 2.1