Hi there! This update of Noir adds a set of great new features that make Noir more customizable than ever before!
# Custom Themes
You can now create your very own custom themes and tweak these exactly to your liking. You can change the background and text colors, and also set image dimming and (new in this update!) image gray scaling per theme.
After you have created the perfect theme, it's really easy to share this theme with other users of Noir. Just send them the special link and when they open it on their device, they can import your theme and start using it immediately!
Not the creative type? Don't worry, Noir now also comes with a library of over 20 pre-made themes that you can now add with just a single tap.
# Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
You can now tweak which specific key combinations are used for Noir's keyboard shortcuts. And that's not all, because there are also many new keyboard shortcuts that you can set up, including ones for switching Noir's theme and disabling Noir until tomorrow.
# Website Fixes & Improvements
As always, this update also includes many fixes and improvements based on your reports. Thank you so much for sending these in and helping me improve Noir!
Update 2022.2.1 includes some fixes to themes in the Theme Library, and improvements to the onboarding process for new users.
Update 2022.2.2 fixes some more issues that were introduced in the previous version, and includes additional website fixes as well.
This update was directly inspired by your input and feedback, so thank you so much! I hope you like the new features!
If you like Noir, please consider leaving a review of Noir in the App Store! That really does help a lot!
Noir is a Safari extension that automatically adds a dark mode to every website you visit.
It makes browsing the web at night so much better. With Noir, you won’t be blinded by bright websites ever again.
And the results look great too. Noir generates a custom dark style for each website you visit, based on the colors that are used on a page. You won’t even notice this happening in the background – that’s how fast it is – but you’ll certainly appreciate the end result: a beautiful dark mode tailored for each website, where contrast is preserved and highlights still pop. And with over 20 built-in themes and the ability to create your own, you can customize the results exactly the way you want.
Noir works with any website you visit in Safari, automatically. By default, Noir is linked to your device’s Dark Mode, so websites will only go dark when you want them to. But you can easily customize this to your liking, even per website. Only want to use Noir on just a few specific websites? Sure thing! Disable Noir on some websites? No problem!
Built from the ground up for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, the app feels right at home on your device. It supports the brand new Safari web extension feature, which means there’s no need to manually activate it every time you load a new page. The app also tightly integrates with system features such as Shortcuts to fully integrate Noir in all your workflows. And your settings are automatically synced to all your devices using iCloud.
And just as importantly, Noir takes your privacy seriously: it doesn’t collect any of your browsing data. Period.
Noir is made by a solo iOS developer. It does not include any subscriptions or ads. Buy Noir once, use it forever.
• Found a website where Noir’s dark mode doesn’t look just right? Let me know by reporting it. The app will be frequently updated to address issues that are reported.
• The Noir extension requires access to the websites you visit to analyze the existing style of the page and to override it with Noir's dark style.
• Noir never collects your browsing data. The only data Noir ‘collects’ are your settings, and those will never leave your device.
- September 21, 2021 Initial release
- September 24, 2021 New version 2021.1.2
- September 25, 2021 New version 2021.1.3
- September 25, 2021 New version 2021.2
- September 27, 2021 New version 2021.2.1
- September 29, 2021 New version 2021.2.2
- October 03, 2021 New version 2021.2.3
- October 06, 2021 New version 2021.2.4
- October 08, 2021 New version 2021.2.5
- October 10, 2021 New version 2021.3
- October 13, 2021 New version 2021.3.1
- October 15, 2021 New version 2021.3.2
- October 20, 2021 New version 2021.3.3
- November 18, 2021 New version 2021.4.1
- May 18, 2022 New version 2022.1.3
- July 28, 2022 New version 2022.2.1
- August 09, 2022 New version 2022.2.2