NEW RANDOM SOUND OPTIONS:
- The Root and Chord sound menus each have a new randomly shifting sound source: Random Filter.
- An additional Noise source, Random, provides randomized variation. (The Noise which was previously called Random has been renamed to Brownian.)
- You can now select multiple sound effects. Each time a sound effect is triggered during playback, one of your selected sounds is chosen at random.
- Two new custom-sampled sound effects are added: Cymbal and Chimes.
- Three new presets are included which incorporate the new sound sources and sound effects.
- Full screen mode: Once you’ve made your settings, switch to full screen see the moving waves display full screen while still being able to start and stop.
- The waves now move with a parallax 3D depth effect. This can be turned off in Settings.
- Sound effects briefly display a moving waveform in the visualizer when they are played (only in iOS 15/iPadOS 15 or later). This can be turned off in Settings.
- The status bar is now hidden while the app is running.
- Now runs as a ‘made for iPad’ app on M1 and M2 based Macs.
- Keyboard control on Mac and iPad: Play/pause with the space bar, and toggle full screen mode with “F.”
- Graphical improvements for iOS 15/iPadOS 15.
- Addressed an issue where exporting would fail with sound effect recurrence set to Off.
- Addressed an issue where sound could cut off when manually trigging sound effects while playback is stopped.
- Other various performance and reliability improvements.
DroneLab creates slowly shifting soundscapes for musical improvisation.
Control three continuous audio sources running in parallel, each with its own rate of shifting intensity. Expand the soundscape with unusual sound effects crafted specifically for DroneLab.
Get going quickly by selecting one of the included presets. Go further by selecting and customizing the sound sources, and save your own presets to the list.
To include the sounds in your music and video projects, you can export a stereo audio file with your current settings, at sample rates up to 96KHz. On newer devices, exports occur faster than real time.
DroneLab is great for improvisation and experimentation:
- Explore the melodic side of your instrument in a fun, relaxing setting.
- Warm up before practicing more difficult material.
- Explore sounds and articulations that aren't part of your usual repertoire.
Please visit us at dronelab.app for videos, more information and support.
- April 15, 2021 Initial release
- August 06, 2021 New version 1.1
- September 14, 2022 New version 1.3
- September 14, 2022 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99