- Made final boss transition more seamless
- Prevented doubles of some NPCs in some places
Afterplace is an adventurous indie game for mobile devices. It's a huge open world, full of hidden secrets, treasures, and creatures. You'll run around the woods, fight monsters, and talk to ostensibly shady characters! All from your pocket! Be warned though - you never know what the forest might be hiding, and not all trails are paved. Labyrinths and dungeons are tucked away in the most concealed nooks. There are no waypoints in Afterplace. You'll have to forge your own path.
Afterplace has been designed from the ground up to be a fast, fluid, beautiful experience for mobile. There are no virtual buttons. You can move and attack by touching anywhere. You can tap objects directly to interact or attack, or use two thumbs like a traditional controller. The game will adapt dynamically to your play style. Pick up and set down the game at your own pace, it will always save your progress. Afterplace is made to feel like a full-fledged indie adventure game that fits in your pocket.
About the Author:
Afterplace is made by one person, Evan Kice. A former software engineer from Austin TX, Evan quit his job (to the dismay of his friends and family) and has been working full time on Afterplace since early 2019. The initial game released in December of 2022, but Evan plans on continuing to support and polish the game when he can!
- December 11, 2022 Initial release
- December 19, 2022 New version 1.1.1
- December 21, 2022 New version 1.1.2
- December 29, 2022 New version 1.1.3
- December 31, 2022 New version 1.1.4
- January 06, 2023 New version 1.1.5
- January 11, 2023 New version 1.1.7
- March 06, 2023 New version 1.1.8
- March 12, 2023 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $3.99