- Added 21 style templates.
Standard: Kōzo Paper (Dark) / Gold Plate / Silver Plate
Frame: Sembonkōshi / Sembonkōshi (Purple) / Muntin / Muntin (Dark) / Sky / Full Moon
Color Paper: Light Blue / Grayish Blue / Pale Orange / Reddish Orange / Dark Red / Purplish Red / Dark Purple / Dark Gray / Gold / Silver
3D: Wooden Log Signboard / Gingerbread Man
- Made adjustments to some templates.
- Fixed a problem where Undo was being executed unintentionally when executing a specific sequence of operations.
- Fixed rendering when exporting with the canvas in the horizontal orientation.
Zen Brush 3 is a drawing app focused on the strong yet beautiful feel of the East Asian ink brush which can be used to perform calligraphy, ink painting and more.
The drawing system that brings to life a feeling of silky fluent and delicate painting now allows an even wider range of expression thanks to the addition of "water" and "color". Providing a new simple and intuitive user interface, this app is designed to be optimal for performing Zen art.
Simply start the app and you are immediately ready to draw. Anyone, anywhere, can create superb Zen art with this app’s uniquely rich expressiveness. You can also easily share and edit your calligraphy and images with other apps using the Export functionality. Skillfully use the rich background style templates to create and share atmospheric artwork.
- The drawing system simulates a 3D model of an East Asian ink brush to enable varied and natural styles of brush handling.
- The adjustable amount of water makes it possible to create expressions ranging from powerful edge effects to "nijimi" (bleeding) and "bokashi" (blurring) where colors mix.
- You can also enjoy creating colored-ink paintings as well as watercolor paintings by making use of 30 selected traditional Japanese colors.
- Create fascinating artwork with a rich assortment of background style templates.
- Traditional Japanese paper templates provide an authentic feel.
- 5 main tools (ink brush, color brush, water brush, eraser, blotting paper).
- 10 levels of thickness.
- 5 levels of water (not applicable to blotting paper).
- 10 levels of ink tone (not applicable to water brush and blotting paper).
- Color palette with 30 colors.
- 68 background style templates.
- Drying functionality (fast dry, instant dry).
- Movable toolbar (top / bottom / left / right).
- Canvas zoom (zoom in and out with pinch gestures).
- Undo / redo (5 levels).
- Export functionality (formats: JPEG, PNG, transparent PNG (no background)).
- Support for Apple Pencil (1st and 2nd generation).
- Support for 3D Touch (where available: iPhone 6S - XS).
- Drawing tool selection (finger and stylus / stylus only).
- Adjustable brush pressure sensitivity (5 levels, with supported stylus only).
- Adjustable tilt sensitivity (5 levels, with supported stylus only).
- Gesture functionality (pinch zoom and drag, zoom toggle with 2-finger tap).
- 3D brush display (enable / disable).
- Pointer display (enable / disable).
- Adjustable canvas resolution.
- September 30, 2020 Initial release
- November 12, 2020 New version 1.02
- December 09, 2020 New version 1.03