Learn to Talk to Learn will help improve your vocabulary. The speech recognition engine will evaluate what was spoken and automatically shuffle the list of words to display the next word. The 'Speak' feature will help understand how to pronounce the word if need be. An optional 'Skip' feature provides the leverage to force a shuffle (Configurable via the Settings cogwheel).
Stats record each and every spoken word and calculate the successes / failures while reading individual word/s. The stats list is sorted Failure first to encourage focusing on specific word/s.
How to use the app?
The application begins by listing all word types (Alphabets up to Twenty Four Letter Words).
1. Once the splash screen is not visible anymore, the first screen of the application shows the word type list (Alphabets, Two Letter Words....Twenty Four Letter Words).
2. Upon clicking any of the word types, the words belonging to that word type would show up one by one with three options:
a. For the user to pronounce the word.
b. For the speech engine to speak the word so user can understand how to pronounce the word.
c. Skip the word using the Skip button at the bottom of the screen.
* Word/s read and recognized successfully on this screen count/s as a 'Success' and Skipped word/s count/s as a 'Failure'. The Success/Failure state will be used while computing Stats (Available on the home screen at the top right of the navigation bar)
3. The Skip button can be hidden, if needed, and is configurable via the Settings cog wheel displayed on the right hand side of the navigation bar of the word type screens.
Tracking performance (As a measure of progress over time):
Performance is measured as a metric of Success/Failure while reading successfully/skipping the word/s on the word type screen/s.
1. Tap the 'Stats' button on the navigation bar of the home screen.
2. The 'Stats' screen displayed will list an 'Overall' metric along with metrics for all word types (Alphabets...24 letter words). Along side the word type would be listed the number of Successes/Failures which will be useful while deducing the 'word type/s' where additional effort needs to be put in.
3. Clicking on the word type (Any of Alphabet....24 letter words) displays an 'Overall' metric along with metrics for the word/s under that word type. For Alphabets, this would be A...Z. For 2 letter words, this would be words that have 2 characters in them (AT, BY...). Along side the word type would be listed the number of Successes/Failures which will be useful while deducing the 'word/s' where additional effort needs to be put in to pronounce the word/s with more clarity.
- May 22, 2020 Initial release