This version makes minor changes to UI.
ArpBud 2 is a MIDI Arpeggiator app where you can create unique arp patterns and be able to arpeggiate your favorite software or hardware synthesizers.
Unlike the traditional up/down style arpeggiators, you can design your unique patterns with unlimited number of steps. For each step, you can set the note interval, velocity, octave, ratchet, gate, and probability. ArpBud 2 also has a very powerful randomizer where you can randomize any step for any mode.
In a project, you can create unlimited number of patterns. For each pattern, you can assign different note rates and swing values. You can use MIDI CC messages from other apps for changing the playing pattern.
From the settings menu, you can assign a MIDI CC number for the pattern changes, the maximum number of interval numbers, randomizer settings, and knob control settings.
ArpBud 2 would react your pattern changes and step edits on the fly when you are playing it live, which makes it a great live performance tool as well as a arp design tool.
You can use it on standalone mode, IAA (Inter-App Audio) mode, Audiobus mode, AUv3 Audio Unit plugin mode. It also supports Ableton Live as well.
ArpBud 2 is a MIDI effect tool and does not produce sound on its own. It needs both MIDI input and output connections in order to work.
- Connect a MIDI source to ArpBud 2, like a MIDI keyboard, chord sequencer, or any other MIDI app to feed ArpBud 2's sequencer.
- Connect ArpBud 2 to any MIDI compatible Audio app.
- Arm the ArpBud 2's sequencer. If you are using the standalone version or Audiobus/IAA version then you can press the play button on the top right. If you are using the AUv3 plugin, then you can press the play button on your host app.
- August 07, 2020 Initial release
- November 12, 2020 New version 1.5.2
- November 28, 2020 New version 1.6
- November 28, 2020 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 28, 2020 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99