maintenance update to support Apple Silicon minimal macOS version is now 10.13
Phawuo is an experimental monophonic virtual-analog synth with "dirty" oscillators. Good for bass sound and special effects.
The original version was developed for iPad, the current version 3 is now available on both iOS and macOS. Presets can be shared across your devices.
This app can work as standalone or as an AudioUnit v3.
Please note that this type of AudioUnit works only with hosts that support AUv3.
- Two special oscillators. Each one has two modes playing more rough (though antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches) or "cheezy" sound. Plays sawtooth / square waveform and is capable of pulse width modulation.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators' waveforms
- Effects section: two channels of delay + frequency shifter with feedback with some flexible routing. Also includes basic reverb
- Precise parameter editing: right-click on the slider.
- September 05, 2019 Initial release
- October 22, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- October 29, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- December 31, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- September 16, 2023 New version 3.0.3
- September 16, 2023 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99