This release supports the following NEW FEATURES:
Assistant PIN: Arm and disarm Arlo SmartHubs and base stations via verbal commands to voice assistants, starting with Alexa-powered devices. To setup Assistant PIN, go to Settings > Profile > Assistant PIN. (Base stations and SmartHubs supported: VMB3000, VMB3500, VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000).
Direct Storage Access (requires SmartHub with microSD or USB storage): Advanced users can access recordings saved locally to their SmartHub directly within the Arlo app. Enable Direct Storage Access in SmartHub Settings > Storage Settings. (Note - router configuration may be required for accessing clips outside the home. VMB4540 or VMB5000 required.)
Additional bug fixes and performance improvements include:
- Resolved an issue where the app would be slow to open
- Additional refinements to Geofencing should function more reliably for most users
- Audio from other apps will continue to play when the Arlo app is opened
- Missed doorbell calls appear in the system phone call history
- Arlo Video Doorbell : The currently connected Wi-Fi SSID on your iOS device is populated when onboarding the doorbell (2.4Ghz SSID is required)
- Other general stability and performance improvements
Arlo is the worldwide leader in Smart Home Security, and the creator of the world’s first ever 100% wire-free, weatherproof 4K UHD security camera.
Arlo security devices make it simple to protect and connect what matters most. Stream live video, play recorded clips, easily arm and disarm your system, and stay aware of what’s happening. And, with Arlo Smart and Rich Notifications, take immediate action on alerts without unlocking your phone.
Arlo even works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings and IFTTT so you can build a safer and smarter home.
- September 05, 2019 Initial release
- September 20, 2019 New version 2.9
- September 26, 2019 New version 2.9.1
- October 28, 2019 New version 2.10
- November 26, 2019 New version 2.11.1
- December 17, 2019 New version 2.12
- December 30, 2019 New version 2.12.1
- January 13, 2020 New version 2.12.2