If you enjoy using Petrify, consider leaving a positive review on the App Store. They really help others discover Petrify as well. Thanks!
This is the biggest update to the app since it launched! With the new name comes an editor that works completely offline.
* Carbonize is now Petrify.
* The editor works completely offline.
* The design of the editor better fits the application window.
Note: if you want to migrate your settings and themes to the updated editor, use the Migrator in Preferences.
* A migrator to move settings and themes from the previous, online editor over to the new offline version.
* Unsplash background images. The updated, offline editor currently does not support automatic images through Unsplash.
* Adding a background image through a link.
Petrify is the easiest way to convert source code into images on Mac. Get your source code into Petrify, customize the image, and export it anywhere.
- Easily drag source code onto the Dock icon.
- Send code to Petrify through the Services menu.
- Drag generated images into Finder, apps or social media.
- Instant image creation.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Multiple themes.
- Multiple fonts.
- Customizable background colors.
Note that generating images from text is detrimental for people with visual impairment. It also prevents your readers from copy-pasting your snippet into their work. Consider alternatives in the form of regular code blocks with syntax highlighting for websites, adding an image description, or linking to the code in plain text.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- July 02, 2019 New version 1.2.5
- August 16, 2019 New version 1.2.6
- September 26, 2019 New version 1.2.7
- October 05, 2019 New version 1.2.8
- December 10, 2019 New version 1.2.9
- December 10, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $5.99
- July 15, 2020 New version 2020.1
- October 27, 2020 New version 2020.4
- December 10, 2020 New version 2020.5