Pixelmator Photo 1.0.4 brings some significant image rendering improvements for RAW images, improving image quality and reducing file sizes, improves color adjustment quality in both RAW and regular images, and includes some additional improvements and fixes.
• A refined color model for image rendering and color adjustments improves image and color quality, shadow and highlight detail, and more.
• Pixelmator Photo files for RAW images with no repaired areas will be much smaller (up to 4 times, in some cases).
• RAW images with no repaired areas will be saved more quickly.
• If the canvas was being animated, it was not possible to interact with it at all using gestures until the animation completed. It is now.
• If the canvas was being animated, it was not possible to use zoom keyboard shortcuts. It is now.
• Some more improvements to memory management, which improves app stability.
• Improved pinch gesture detection when using the Repair tool, which should reduce the number of accidental repairs when zooming.
• Some RAW images were rendered with posterization artifacts in certain areas. Fixed.
• The histograms for some RAW images were not correct. Fixed.
• The histogram wouldn’t always update after resetting, reverting, or undoing changes. Fixed.
• The histogram would be empty immediately after enabling it in an unedited image. Fixed.
• The Repair tool would sometimes leave marks on repaired areas in 16-bit and RAW images. Fixed.
• It was not possible to share certain files to social networks and services like Twitter. Fixed.
• The image creation date was being displayed incorrectly as it was taking into account the current time zone when it shouldn’t. Fixed.
• When receiving Pixelmator Photo files via AirDrop, the loading indicator would sometimes get stuck. Fixed.
• The Pixelmator Photo interface would be restored incorrectly when reopening the app from the background after rotating your device. Fixed.
• The screen would flicker immediately after loading an image. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Photo in general? We’d love to hear it at [email protected]!
Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPad, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with an easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
• Share edited photos back to your Photos library, export to a range of different formats, and easily share photos with others.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustments.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Pixelmator Photo includes extensive collections of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create and save your own custom presets.
• The Black & White presets are based on classic black & white analog films for creating authentic monochrome shots.
• The Cinematic presets emulate the orange and teal look, letting you quickly add striking color contrasts.
• The Classic Films and Modern Films preset groups are based on some of the best-known and popular analog films from the past and present, creating subtle and tasteful analog photography looks.
• Use presets in the Landscape, Urban, and Night collections to quickly enhance your nature photos, city photography, and night shots.
- April 09, 2019 Initial release
- April 11, 2019 New version 1.0.1
- April 13, 2019 New version 1.0.2
- April 19, 2019 New version 1.0.3
- May 02, 2019 New version 1.0.4