Play through a variety of levels and rounds to help you learn Japanese as they say repetition is the mother of all skills.
The App is simple to play as you only need to click on the correct lantern in the correct order to spell the Japanese word or type with the keyboard and match the romanisation (romaji).
Short on time? Just play the lower level sets!
Plenty of time? Challenge yourself to the 'all' level sets.
Enjoy the process of playing and learning!
- Hiragana and Katakana alphabet levels
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Japanese syllable words with more coming
- 350+ practical everyday Japanese words
- Dual gameplay control scheme: use the trackpad/mouse to click or tap on lantern OR keyboard to type the Romaji
- A range of character/word sets within each levels to enjoy depending on your free time
- Romaji (romanisation) and English translation
- Voice over for all words in Japanese
- Different backgrounds taken in Japan
Join the community:
Please visit and join the community at
Support & feedback:
Please visit and provide any feedback at
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- December 17, 2019 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99