- added 20 new words
- minor fixes
The objective of the app is to complete each level set which comprises of the number of rounds you select at the beginning.
To pass each round you will need to tap the correct kana (Hiragana or Katakana) lantern in the order that is required to spell out the alphabet or word.
Short on time? Just play the lower level sets!
Plenty of time? Challenge yourself to the 'all' level sets.
Enjoy learning and playing!
- Hiragana and Katakana alphabet levels
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Japanese syllable words with more coming
- 350+ practical everyday Japanese words
- Apple Watch support
- A range of character/word sets within each levels to enjoy depending on your free time
- Romaji (romanisation) and English translation
- Voice over for all words in Japanese (iOS only)
- Different backgrounds taken in Japan
- Leaderboard to conquer
- iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max and Xr support
Join the community:
Please visit and join the community at
Support & feedback:
Please visit and provide any feedback at
- November 03, 2018 Initial release
- June 13, 2019 New version 1.32