What is coding? Is this something for me? Coding helps to make computers think more quickly. Meet Tommy the Turtle who will help you learn to code. He and his friends will lead you down the Code Road.
STEM Storiez – The Code Road is the perfect app to engage your child in learning the basics of coding through an interactive read-along story including mini-games, stunning visuals, animations, and sounds. The read-along story is designed to be interactive and engaging, while teaching early coding concepts. Throughout the story, mini games are used to progressively teach kids of all ages and abilities how to use commands, sequences, and loops to make Tommy move, dance, and sing on screen with his friends. This coding app is designed to expose young kids to early programming concepts. Teachers can even use this app as an hour of code lesson for their classroom.
Visit: http://stemstoriez.com/ to purchase the board book and play stylus to enhance the learning.
Key Features of STEM Storiez – The Code Road:
1. Learn the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences, and loops.
2. Combines audio, visual, and touch inputs to enhance multi-sensory learning .
3. One-touch input for help in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children .
4. Enhances learning with interactive visuals, animations, and sounds through tactile-based learning.
5. Provides a multisensory experience to make STEM part of everyday learning.
6. Listen along or read aloud to keep children engaged through words, images, and sounds.
7. Customizable e-book settings, such as the ability to remove sound/voice or change print size to increase access for children of all skill levels and abilities
8. Music and sound can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids
9. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess or Zumo)
10. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
11. An additional board book can be purchased with the interactive ebook for limiting screen time or enhanced circle time
With an easy-to-use interface kids interact with fun animated characters and using various basic programming commands they learn how sequences and even loops work. The best part is that they have fun doing it, thus it is perceived as a game rather than a traditional learning venue.
In-depth description of features:
- Coding for kids. This game teaches programming basics by exposing kids to the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences and even loops. It relies on visual learning as a cute turtle does actions based on their input.
- Mini-Game mode. Kids can play the game in the mini-game mode, where other friendly characters tell Tommy what to do. Once a challenge is completed, they advance to the next.
- Tutorial & Free play. A quick tutorial shows first time users how to interact with Tommy and have it perform actions. The free play mode allows any kind of commands without any limitations.
- Voice guidance. As this is targeted for kids, a friendly voice accompanies any task in the game. This makes it easier for kids to understand what they need to do in a friendly teaching environment.
- 3D graphics. All cute animal characters in this game are animated and feature full 3D characteristics. This makes the game appealing and acts as a animated tutor that teaches kids through playing.
Learning to code prepares children for the world we live in today. Learning to code helps children develop problem solving and computational thinking skills. Even preschool and kindergarten age children can learn the foundations of coding.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release