Star Chart AR lets you explore the Earth in Augmented Reality through the window of your phone's screen. All in real time!
*** ARKit compatible device required to experience AR Modes ***
Included in Star Chart AR are:
- AR Earth - the Earth beautifully rendered in realtime for AR viewing
- AR Orrery - the solar system including the sun, planets, major moons, dwarf planets, asteroid & kuiper belts, and major asteroids (available as an in-app upgrade)
Star Chart AR is best experienced with ample room and good lighting. We like to view it outdoors when scaled to maximum size or on a large clear table when scaled down.
Move your device in a circular motion while looking at the surface you would like the device to detect. An overlay will appear on the detected surface and fade out after a few seconds. Tap to place the AR object on a detected surface.
- Tap to place the AR object
- Pinch to scale the AR object
- Two finger tap to go back
* ARKit supported devices: All iPhone models from iPhone 6s and above are supported as well as the iPhone SE. All iPad Pros and the standard 2017 iPad model is also supported.
- June 22, 2018 Initial release
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.2
- August 06, 2021 New version 1.4.1