Stop the Groomer teaches kids (and parents!) how to spot, stop, and report sexual abusers' tricky "grooming" tactics.
We know this important topic can be hard to talk about with your kids, so we're here to help! Stop the Groomer was made by 3 dads: a gymnastics gym owner, a designer, and a family therapist with years of experience treating sexual abuse, whose content is delivered in a game-like format for kids. The app:
- Explains sexual abuse
- Teaches kids to spot a sexual abuser's "grooming" tactics
- Tells kids what to do if they get abused
- Gives tips to keep them safer
- Has 27 quiz-like scenarios to practice what they learned
Stop the Groomer is also great for parents to learn from and discuss with your kids. See more parent info and terms at StopTheGroomer.com.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release