Google Assistant integration in Snap Core First
* Gain the benefits of having a smart assistant directly through Snap Core First.
* Control your environment with commands such as "Turn on the lights."
* Access information and ask questions such as "What's the weather today?"
* Discover entertainment options with commands such as "Tell me a joke."
Snap™ Core First® is a symbol-supported app that helps people with speech & language disabilities communicate. Offering multiple access methods (incl. eye gaze, touch & switch) combined with speech output, this easy-to-use AAC solution grows alongside the communicator. Based on a core word strategy for all ages and stages of language development, it focuses on engagement, growth and literacy for those with conditions such as autism, Down syndrome, Rett syndrome, and cerebral palsy among others.
*Grid sizes that grow step-by-step
*Fuss-free editing/button customization
*In-app access to Google Assistant
*In-app release notes, tips & tutorials
*Search shows a word and path to find it
*In-app access to Boardmaker material
*Built-in behavior supports like visual schedules
*Well-organized core words, topic words & phrases
Main benefits include:
Communicate right away with access to core vocabulary, a small number of words that make up 70-90% of what we all use in many daily situations. Our core word language strategy supports your communicator from their first words while providing a focused path for growth.
Turn on the lights, turn up the volume and get information with the click of a button. Control your environment and live life more independently with smart home integrations such as Google Assistant.
Find the support you need right inside the app. Use the search bar to show if a word exists and a path to find it. Click the light bulb icon to discover tips, tutorials, help & app updates.
Literacy & Behavior Tools
Access some of the most popular special education teaching tools in app via Boardmaker Player, a tool that lets you access pre-made Boardmaker visual schedules, interactive activities, games, books & more.
Facilitate engagement by easily guiding conversations and exploring interests together. Choose from 18 languages and a variety of voices to find one that feels most authentic.
Meet your communicator where they are and adapt as their communication, independence and social emotional skills evolve. Discover opportunities for language to grow naturally over time with features like Picture Communication Symbols ® and customizable grid sizes.
Communicate in almost any situation with core words, a set of small, flexible words, such as want, not, and go. As your communicator’s language skills develop, they can string core words together and gradually start adding in other vocabulary. Quick access to a keyboard also helps foster literacy skills and independence.
- July 28, 2017 Initial release
- November 01, 2017 New version 220.127.116.1144
- January 14, 2018 New version 18.104.22.16843
- October 10, 2018 New version 22.214.171.12434
- October 10, 2018 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $49.99
- October 31, 2018 New version 126.96.36.19911
- November 01, 2018 Price increase: $49.99 -> $179.99
- November 01, 2018 Price decrease: $179.99 -> $49.99
- June 13, 2019 New version 188.8.131.5289
- October 09, 2019 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $41.99
- October 21, 2019 New version 184.108.40.20673
- November 04, 2019 Price increase: $41.99 -> $49.99
- January 28, 2020 New version 220.127.116.111
- July 14, 2020 New version 18.104.22.1681
- October 16, 2020 New version 22.214.171.1246
- October 16, 2020 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $41.99
- October 23, 2020 Price increase: $41.99 -> $49.99