- AUv3 Parameter Automation added
Bark Filter - Critical Band Analyser/Filter/Compressor
### Introductory offer for a limited time ###
### requires iPhone5s / iPad mini 2 / iPad Air or better ###
The multi band filter in Bark takes the approach to match the reception characteristic of the gate where all sounds must pass through: the human ear. The ear behaves as if it contains a bank of filters, each filter passing frequencies within their respective critical band. Two tones apart more than the frequency dependant critical bandwidth are perceived as separate tones. For this reason Bark contains a filter bank with 27 very steep bandpass filters matching the critical bandwidth characteristic of the human ear. In fact, the human ear have also its own built in multi band compression system which are based on the critical bands.
Why the name Bark ? The Bark scale is a frequency scale on which equal distances correspond with perceptually equal distances. Above about 500 Hz this scale is more or less equal to a logarithmic frequency axis. Below 500 Hz the Bark scale becomes more and more linear.
Multiband compressors can act differently on different frequency bands. The advantage of multiband compression over full-bandwidth compression is that unneeded audible gain changes or "pumping" in other frequency bands is not caused by changing signal levels in a single frequency band.
Bark can act both as single band compressor and with up to 27 bands in multiband mode by linking critical bands.
The linear phase filter bank with its steep filter slopes can be used for unusually pronounced filter effects too...
• Multi band dynamic range compressor with up to 27 bands
• Variable number of compressor bands (1..27)
• Threshold/Ratio Attack/Release and Makeup Gain
• Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency
• Real time pre/post processing calibrated spectrum analyser
• AudioUnit for AUv3 compatible hosts.
• Inter-app audio compatible effect.
• Audiobus 3 compatible with state saving.
• Low latency live usage with mic and headphones.
• Audio recorder
- August 03, 2017 Initial release
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.1.0
- September 05, 2019 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- November 26, 2019 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 03, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- July 15, 2020 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- October 22, 2020 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99