- Added translations
- Bugfixes and Performance Improvements
Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to an Amazon Fire TV. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Fire TV.
Before using this application, please go to the Amazon website and install the (free) Mirror Receiver for Fire TV: http://bit.ly/am-firetv
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 2). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Fire TV. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Fire TV app. It will start looking for your Fire TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Fire TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Fire TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don't record your screen into files and we don't send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to [email protected]
- January 03, 2018 Initial release
- June 14, 2019 New version 3.3.3
- August 16, 2019 New version 3.3.4
- September 24, 2019 New version 3.3.5
- November 11, 2019 New version 3.3.6
- July 15, 2020 New version 3.4.3
- October 23, 2020 New version 3.4.6